Sunday, June 2, 2013

Current Study, Week 4: Jesus 90 Days

Hello ladies! Is it just me or have the last few weeks been crazy busy!? To be completely honest I'm finding it hard to find motivation to do much of anything (I think due to the busy-ness) and that includes this study! :/

I came across a motivational thought this week on Facebook (I know - shocking). It was something along the lines of when you feel like quitting, that is the time when its more important than ever to press on. I personally felt this about our current study, but it could definitely apply to many life scenarios - so keep that one in your back pocket for a rainy day!

We knew from the start this study would be a challenge and its not disappointing! I am truly enjoying the insight about Jesus's life and His character through these devotionals. Beth Moore has an amazing way of making us look at things a little differently and more in-depth.

What has stuck out to you the most these last few days?

I love learning about Jesus's character. Day 12 was an especially good one for me. I liked thinking about Jesus as deeply spiritual and deeply PRACTICAL! He was a man you'd want to have around!

I think He was a man that would have given good advice, been a good listener and had tangible skills to help with. What drew people to Him are also the very things He wants to develop in us, so that others may be drawn to the same Jesus that lives within us! He was very real. I think our culture is in desperation for real genuine character. Christ was and IS definitely those things even today. He is the same as He was then.

Pondering these things is inspirational to me. I want to be the same kind of real and practical person that Jesus was. Approachable and not judgmental. A good listener, real, kind, humble and genuine.

What are you learning about Jesus's character that is awe-inspiring? Share your comments here or on the current study page forum.

Press on through the study! Let's get back into full swing - try to make it to Day 24 this week!

I am praying blessings over you all this week! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I am absolutely loving how real and tangible this study is revealing Jesus to be. It's not that I didn't know that He was...but Beth Moore has such an amazing talent for helping you to see things in ways you never had before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I sometimes forget that Jesus was an actual person too. He had a personality! You aways hear 'God is=n flesh' but its taking on new meaning for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know exactly what day you guys are on but I just read day 22 and man, that. was. powerful. Activities stealing my attention and focus from things that really matter-God's plan and God himself is a huge area of struggle for me. I would love to talk more about this in depth when we can get a chance!

    ReplyDelete