Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Gray Tuesday


My commute was extra long today. While it was annoying, it was also very refreshing. The drive in was gray and rainy, but not the ugly stormy kind of rain (which I actually do like), but this was a refreshing kind of rain. The sun was still slightly peeking through the clouds. There was a warm glow in the sky and I could still see the edges of white puffy clouds mixed in with the gray. I enjoyed watching the raindrops puddle up on my windshield. I let my mind and eyes blur to take in the lyrics playing through the car speakers.

You can take my dry bones
Breathe life into this skin
You called me by name
Raised me to life again

You can calm the oceans
Speak peace into my soul
Take me as I am
Awaken my heart to beat again

It was the essence of a ‘Gray Tuesday moment’. 

I’ve been feeling overwhelmed by the number of activities on my plate right now. My lack of motivation isn’t contributing to getting any of it completed either. Those extra 30 minutes in the car this morning were divinely appointed to help me reconnect with the source of my strength and motivation. Jesus. It gave me the perspective I needed, that without Him, I am nothing.

Here's the song including lyrics. I hope it helps you also have a Gray Tuesday moment. Happy Tuesday loves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment